We are a social enterprise and Startup (Innovation-driven Entrepreneurship) ecosystem development organization. We believe in the power of entrepreneurship for development and for the last 6 years have supported founders across South-South/South-East, Nigeria to build scalable ventures. We are inspiring a generation of young founders building innovative and scalable solutions in the nation’s emerging commercial cities. We are supported by organizations that include (but not limited to) Google (through Google Developers), Facebook, The Ford Foundation, Sterling Bank, MainOne, Bank of Industry and others to reach thousands of founders annually through our conference, events and programming.
With over 60 Million People in 11 States, 13+ Cities and 120,000+Km2, we represent a market big enough to support a thriving Startup culture. And for us, Innovation and Entrepreneurs democratize opportunities, empower young people, engender a safe/saner society and Fastrack infrastructure development.
Our immediate community is 5000+ strong (and growing) – made up of passionate innovators, researchers, investors and professionals building and supporting the next big ventures out of South-South/South-East, Nigeria and beyond.
StartupSouth Community (S2C) is looking for a reliable Finance Associate that will analyze everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
An ideal candidate will be a young and excellent leader with experience in managing projects of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. He/She will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
The goal is to enable #StartupSouth community leaders to make sound business decisions and meet set objectives for #StartupSouth Community (S2C) and its members.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advice on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take.
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst.
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns.
- Proficient user of finance software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Previous experience with Fundraising.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus.
Why we need you?
You are King – as a Volunteers and the lifeblood of the #StartupSouth Community. Your wealth of experience and drive for success is just the right energy we need to scale the #StartupSouth community.
StartupSouth has in the last 6-years led a number of initiatives in unlocking the 60 million people living and doing business across the South-South and South-East region of Nigeria; encouraging collaboration, inspiring partnership, & championing knowledge sharing.
As a volunteer, you are key to achieving these goals as we would unlock the region faster, enable new businesses and ecosystems to thrive while you establish yourself as a stakeholder in the engine room of growing the second-largest regional economy in Nigeria.
What you benefit?
- Opportunity to work at the intersection of innovation and business, gaining access to some of the Top CEOs and Angel Investors (South-South & South-East Angel Network) while travelling the length and breadth of the region.
- Grow and unlock new business opportunities for yourself via the network.
- Become a key stakeholder and major contributor to the development of Nigeria – especially the South-South/South-East by supporting the growth of high scale ventures.
- VIP access to all of our partner hubs around the region whenever you visit.
- Join a team of talented, super-dedicated, fun and highly motivated people. You’ll get to work across a global network of innovative startup ecosystems.
- Shape your own work-day and choose where you like to work from – we fully encourage remote work. Be a happy and whole person with a flexible work environment so you can have time to carve out for your friends and family.
- Monthly stipend (YTD) and Travel allowance to enable you to perform some of your basic functions.
To apply, click here