We are a social enterprise and Startup (Innovation-driven Entrepreneurship) ecosystem development organization. We believe in the power of entrepreneurship for development and for the last 6 years have supported founders across South-South/South-East, Nigeria to build scalable ventures. We are inspiring a generation of young founders building innovative and scalable solutions in the nation’s emerging commercial cities. We are supported by organizations that include (but not limited to) Google (through Google Developers), Facebook, The Ford Foundation, Sterling Bank, MainOne, Bank of Industry and others to reach thousands of founders annually through our conference, events and programming.
With over 60 Million People in 11 States, 13+ Cities and 120,000+Km2, we represent a market big enough to support a thriving Startup culture. And for us, Innovation and Entrepreneurs democratize opportunities, empower young people, engender a safe/saner society and Fastrack infrastructure development.
Our immediate community is 5000+ strong (and growing) – made up of passionate innovators, researchers, investors and professionals building and supporting the next big ventures out of South-South/South-East, Nigeria and beyond.
StartupSouth Community (S2C) is looking for a competent Community Associate to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties to help drive S2C city leads to achieving the great community goal.
To be an excellent Community Associate, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams. If you have further skills in program development and human resources support, you would indeed be a jewel to the community.
The goal will be to facilitate the effective management of programs according to the #StartupSouth Community standards.
This Job opening is currently a volunteer (Part-time) position, with a high prospect of converting to full time based on performance evaluation after a 6 month period.
- Support planning and coordination of all S2C community program and activities across the various city chapters in the South-South and South-East of Nigeria.
- Ensure the implementation of policies and practices according to the S2C engagement curriculum
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Prepare paperwork and order material
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
- Support growth and program development across S2C
- Proven experience as a program coordinator or relevant position
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Experience in facilitating trainings
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Tech-savvy, proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field
Benefits – Why we need you?
You are King – as a Volunteers and the lifeblood of the #StartupSouth Community. Your wealth of experience and drive for success is just the right energy we need to scale the #StartupSouth community.
StartupSouth has in the last 6-years led a number of initiatives in unlocking the 60 million people living and doing business across the South-South and South-East region of Nigeria; encouraging collaboration, inspiring partnership, & championing knowledge sharing.
As a volunteer, you are key to achieving these goals as we would unlock the region faster, enable new businesses and ecosystems to thrive while you establish yourself as a stakeholder in the engine room of growing the second-largest regional economy in Nigeria.
What you benefit?
- Opportunity to work at the intersection of innovation and business, gaining access to some of the Top CEOs and Angel Investors (South-South & South-East Angel Network) while travelling the length and breadth of the region.
- Grow and unlock new business opportunities for yourself via the network.
- Become a key stakeholder and major contributor to the development of Nigeria – especially the South-South/South-East by supporting the growth of high scale ventures.
- VIP access to all of our partner hubs around the region whenever you visit.
- Join a team of talented, super-dedicated, fun and highly motivated people You’ll get to work across a global network of innovative startup ecosystems.
- Shape your own work-day and choose where you like to work from – we fully encourage remote work. Be a happy and whole person with a flexible work environment so you can have time to carve out for your friends and family.
- Monthly stipend (YTD) and Travel allowance to enable you to perform some of your basic functions.
To apply, click here